Saturday, June 30, 2007

empty empty empty

Just came back from this semi-bourgie English afternoon tea thingie at the Ritz-Carlton in honor of a friend's wedding in August. It was a cute excuse to get dressed up, sip on some champagne & premium tea blends, eat scones, and catch up on girl talk. Surprisingly, I actually had a great time (minus the $40 I spent), but there were times when I definitely felt left out. Each of the 4 girls at the table was chatting about their bfs/fiances and I had nothing to contribute except my lame Match.com experience with Mr. Weirdo. *sigh* When they were telling stories about "couple activities" with their respective men, all I could do was sit back and listen. So this put me in a bit of an unavoidable funk. Right at this moment, I'm impeccably dressed (hair, makeup done, fly outfit), incredibly lonely, starved for affection, and now home alone on Saturday afternoon which will inevitably roll into a solo Saturday night, while everyone else is spending QT with their SO. This just fucking sucks.

2 comments:

suicida do térreo said...

I just can imagine how you feel. It really sucks... but hey, why don´t you go out alone... maybe you can find someone interesting... well, you never know.

Nice blog.

orangemoon said...

Thanks for the compliments on my blog, Marina. I appreciate that. :)

As for going out alone... I don't have the cojones to do it. There's something that freaks me out about getting dressed and going out solo. I always need at least 1 friend there for backup. Maybe one day...