Friday, June 1, 2007

summer love

I have decided that I am ready to take on the challenge of having a real, committed relationship. Now to find a man.... In that spirit, I reactivated my Match.com profile.

There is an email waiting in my inbox right now. From whom? I won't know unless and until I subscribe. I've had a few men wink at me in the interim. And I winked at quite a few men: Black, White, and otherwise. Whoever is cute, seems to have something going for himself, and non-crazy.

Two guys seem promising so far. One is a divorced Black man living in Fort Wayne, IN. I looked it up -- it's about 2 hours away, or so says Mapquest. He is a really good-looking 36. Chocolate. Bald. I winked and he winked back at me, so the next step is to send him an email. Hmmm.....

The second is this 32-year-old artsy kinda White guy. Ever since seeing "Something New" I've been talking about dating a whiteboy, but I've never actually taken the plunge. This one's cute, so I'm open. I winked and he winked back too.

I'm still debating, but more than likely I will pay the fee and subscribe tomorrow. With a little luck, maybe this will be my summer for love, after all.

1 comment:

Brown Sugar said...

Match.com huh? My ass needs 2 do something 'cause I'm in the relationship doldrums. i did eharmony for a bit. Didn't much like it. Oh and stop hatin' on the shiteboys. Gone and give them some love...lol.