Friday, June 15, 2007

um, well, uh....

There's another guy who I've emailed a time or two on Match. He called yesterday while I was at a birthday dinner with friends. He called the first time at 8:37 p.m., again at 9:07 p.m., left a message, and sent a text at 10:02 p.m. Is it just me or is this weird?

I decide to go ahead and call him back. I do so after I've gotten back home around 11:30 p.m. and normally I would not call anyone for a first convo this late, but I wanted to go ahead and either confirm or dismiss my craziness fears. The convo was subpar... He seems like more a homebody than I'm used to dating. Generally, I ain't all over town or anything like that, but I do like getting dressed, getting out, being in the mix, and socializing.

He asked me some hard questions. Something along the lines of "What would I do to keep a man happy?" He couldn't see, but I had on my blank face. I guess I don't see the end-all and be-all of a relationship as "keeping a man happy." I ain't that kinda girl. Not that I wouldn't be nice and sweet and generous -- because I am -- but, well, it sounded to me like he was looking for a woman to cater to him. Have his dinner ready at 5 p.m., keep the house spotless, you know, that Suzy Homemaker mess. And I ain't wit it. I'm not big on cooking or cleaning. I can delegate -- bringing in dinner with me on the way home and fully intend on having someone come in and do some light weekly housecleaning for me. Suzy Homemaker I am not.

My response was something like I could bring the little things that I do for anyone I would be in a relationship. Intangible things like asking about your day, bringing good conversation, being generous with time and affection. But I quickly said that I would hope that whoever I would end up with will *hopefully* do these things for me as well.

Then he asked me: "What about you would make a man run for the hills?" Uh, yeah, for real. What in the hell kind of question is this? I hate cutting stuff off before it even begins, but I'm already turned off. I could be wrong, but I think in a convo or two, I will be reaching for a *nice* way to tell dude that I'm not interested.

No comments: