Wednesday, May 30, 2007

summer brokeness update

Kaplan sent me a follow-up to my employment inquiry. They want me to come in for an audition. I get to meet with a group of prospective teachers/tutors and run through a five-minute mock-teacking spiel in front of management. It seems low pressure. Some of the ideas for the mock-teaching spiel include (and they purposely ask us to demonstrate something non-academic): "How to find an apartment" and "how to interpret the labels on a bottle of red wine." I can do this, right? What should I demonstrate? Online Dating 101, Discount Shopping for Dummies, How to decipher the right product for you in the hair care aisle?

Oh yeah, and I'm going in for a consultation with the Financial Aid office tomorrow. I want to be an informed consumer. I have been blessed to have made it this far without any kind of student loan. And I'm thinking about getting one. Maybe. One thing's for sure: I'm tired of breaking out in a cold sweat at the idea of picking up a sandwich for $4.99.

1 comment:

orangemoon said...

And Princeton Review called me in for an audition too. :)