Monday, May 21, 2007

so there's this guy...

...whom I met on Myspace. He sent me a friend request a few months ago when I was online at some ungodly hour in the morning. Well, dude sends me an email saying:

When I look at all the photos of my friends, yours is one of those that stands out. I thought I would take the time to say HI.


Hi.

How are you?

Hmmm... Que interesante, I think. I stand out in a crowd of 200+ friends. So of course I had to respond back with something nice, witty, and charming. When I respond back, he says:

I'm curious about the spirit of the lady behind the smile. What makes you happy? What makes you sad?

Wow. This is a first, for someone to engage me beyond the "Eh, shawty, what it is?" level, on Mypsace of all places.

He seems like a decent guy. No foolishness on his profile. He's 34. Living in Detroit. Working in the IT field. A homeowner. I'm still undecided if this guy is my type -- as my type appears to be the manipulative, emotionally-unavailable type -- but either there is something really different about this one (and in a good way).... or dude got some serious game.

No comments: