Tuesday, May 22, 2007

letting it all out

As crazy as this sounds, I was looking forward to meeting with my therapist. Only to find out that my appointment was actually yesterday at 3, not today. Damn. And now I have to wait until next week for another appointment.

A lot of folks -- well, let me go on 'head and say it -- a lot of Black folks get squeamish at the thought of therapy, telling all yo business, etc., but honestly I don't know where I would be without it. I fell into a deep, dark hole in my life a few years ago, and wasn't sure if I could make it out. I don't believe in any "cure" or magical treatment, but I do believe that I have benefitted immensely from taking 45 minutes out of my schedule each week to decompress, cry, scream, and let it all out, so to speak.

I can now get out of bed every day, I'm not spiraling out of control into crying spells, so I will say that I am better for it. Still with a long way to go....

No comments: