Friday, May 18, 2007

all about me

my other blog was starting to get crowded with family members, former love interests, colleagues, and other folks i'm not sure i could trust with my most innermost thoughts, so here i am, all anonymous-like and ready to start spilling my guts.

some things you should know about me:

i have lived my entire adult years as a career student, and from me to you, this shit has got to stop. i can research the hell out of damn near any topic under the sun, but i'm not altogether convinced it's worth it, especially upon examining my slowly deteriorating social skills.

i'm a southern girl in spirit trapped for the next few years in my own corner of midwestern hell... for what else?... grad school.

i'm a libra woman. this means that i'm witty, charming, diplomatic, frustratingly indecisive, and slightly bipolar at times. as an ex once told me, "you are the sweetest person, but you can be so mean..." which version of me you meet totally depends on the day. by virtue of being a libra, i'm forever in limbo, and in search of ever-elusive balance in my life.

i've been known to be a fool for love, but eventually i wise up and move on. maybe a few months or years too late, but these are the types of mistakes i blame on being young and dumb. but hey, what else are your 20s for? i'm sure there will be lots of material forthcoming.

i am slightly depressive (clinical), anxiety-ridden, oftentimes insecure, somewhat of a know-it-all, and an insomniac. where i once saw these as fatal character flaws, i realize this just makes me all the more interesting.

oddly enough, i am inspired by struggle to overcome, the push towards self-improvement, the gall to dream, and those who dare to be themselves no matter who likes it or not. in this spirit, i welcome you to my blog.

No comments: