Tuesday, May 22, 2007

published!

I finally managed to get started on some work -- hours later than when I had intended, but whatever, it's water under the bridge...

My advisor and I submitted a chapter on "Multiculturalism and Music Videos" to appear in an upcoming book. Since she could not take lead on the assignment, I did. I took this opportunity to synthesize the current research and assert my own opinion about representations of people of color in music videos and its effects on youth of various racial/ethnic backgrounds, along with my advisor's help and approval, that is.

Well, guess what? The reviewers got back to us saying that they absolutely LOVED the chapter and this would be just the thing to round off the book itself. With some minor editing, it is all set to be published! This means that I am going to appear as first author! Yippee! Oh, to see my name in print.

3 comments:

Brown Sugar said...

Congratulations!!! So this means u would have written a chapter in someone else book? how do you get listed in the book?

orangemoon said...

Yep, it means that I will have written a chapter in someone else's book. The credits will appear as such:

"Multiculturalism and Music Videos: Effects on the Socioemotional Development of Children and Adolescents."

Written by "ME!, co-author #1 (my colleague), and co-author #2 (my faculty advisor)."

How cool is that? :) Someone might be citing or reading this handbook as part of their classes in the future... It actually goes to press later this year.

Brown Sugar said...

Excellent! I'm SOOOOOOOOO Happy for u!!!!