Saturday, May 19, 2007

IDK and starting not to care

The former object of my affections has occupied many of my thoughts these past couple of months. He pulled the "disappearing man" act in January once I had a heart-to-heart with him about how I couldn't continue to be kept in the dark about his whereabouts, thoughts, feelings, and drama-of-the-day. This is a man that comes with a lot of "baggage" but I figured I loved him enough to try and shoulder some of the weight. As rational adults, I figured we could work through some of these difficult moments together.

Well, fast forward five months later when he decides to pick up the phone and speak to me again... What are the first words out of his mouth? Some "Daddy's home," why-don't-we-have-sex-like-we-used-to-since-I-heard-you-coming-home bullshit. I tell him in my own indirect, diplomatic way to call me back when he gets his mind right (and in my mind, I'm cussing him out to the high heavens, but in reality, I usually lack whatever it takes to tell somebody off like that. I call it the curse of "niceness."). This ain't the first time that I've told him that sex was out of the question. Usually, he calls and wants to hang out regardless. This time it's been fourteen days -- and I'm about to board a plane back to Neverneverland in less than 48 hours -- and I haven't heard a peep from him.

I don't know what this means... in his mind, that is. In mine, this is last time he plays games with my emotions and puts my ass on pause till when he feels like talking to me again. You ain't my damn daddy. I ain't your damn toy. And this is not a fucking game.

No comments: