Thursday, May 24, 2007

law of attraction

I'm a skeptic.... but there is something about the "Law of Attraction" speaks the truth to me. Months after all of the Oprah brouhaha, I sat down and watched "The Secret" a few nights ago. It sort of has the ring of spirituality-based beliefs to me.

Ask and you shall receive. The energy you put forth into the world will be received back tenfold. If you believe it, you can achieve it.

Ya'll get the point. I've been putting a lot of thought into exactly what the vision for my life would look like. OK, this is a huge huge huge monumental task, and I'm working on it. Maybe this is an offshoot of all the therapy I've been doing, but I've been consciously erasing negative thoughts from my mind. Well, if not erasing, then consciously correcting negative thoughts and turning them into positives. Some might think I'm crazy, but I definitely give myself peptalks on how wonderful, witty, beautiful and charming I am.

What has the result been? I'm feeling better. I deleted 90% of the garbage (music with too many sexually degrading lyrics/profanity) from my iPod and replaced them with more soul-nurturing music -- and I feel better. Maybe because I'm not feeding my mind with negativity, it's leaving more space for positive energy in my life. I don't know, but it seems like there's definitely something to this.

No comments: