Friday, May 25, 2007

spoke too damn soon

Fuck. I am fucking screwed. This is my first summer without funding, so I had to find myself a summer gig. I'm working as a research assistant on what will become my dissertation data. Cool. Well, what's not cool is that I don't have enough money to eat.

We had $6000 set aside from a grant to pay my summer salary. Once the money goes through the appropriate channels, I receive a bi-weekly check for a whopping $517. This does not even pay my rent, people.

My roommate is leaving for the duration of the summer, meaning that I will have to pay all of the household utilities alone till September, which appropriately fucks up my budget. Thank God I had the foresight to apply for another summer job. However, I will not be getting paid until the end of July.

FUCK FUCK FUCK!!!! I'm going to give myself 24 hours to mope before I figure out some kind of action plan. How in the hell am I gonna come up with the money to go to DC for this conference next month? And more importantly, with $1000 at my disposal, how am I gonna eat?

1 comment:

Brown Sugar said...

Shit, i feel ya. I had a job..one I wanted but i would have had to sacrafice school. Which i was willing to do because I hate school right now.

But the a professor and a produce at the schools tv station offered me jobs. One paying $25 an hour. So I weighed everything out and dropped the other job...for the other two.

Big fucking mistake cause the other two jobs didn't come thru. And I still hate school...even more so now.

So I go looking for work and get my gig that I have now...so that's cool. But the downside is that I get paid every TWO MONTHS. That's fucking crazy! So I've benn hustling trying to find something else but so far no go.

So I believe when i say I feel your pain....