Wednesday, July 4, 2007

i may or may not.... (part deux)

....be slightly bitter. A friend of mine circulated this photo commemoration of an extremely elaborate wedding proposal. Homeboy rented out a suite at an luxury hotel in ATL, invited friends and family (who were dressed to the nines), spread rose petals everywhere and everything... Of course, folks start chiming in on how beautiful it was and how it caused them to spill tears. My reaction? I was like, Who does this? These were not like digicam shots. I mean there was a professional photographer on call to catch the entire moment on film. They looked like very extravagant wedding pics set to cheesy "you complete me" music. I mean, for a proposal? I suppose some folks are into stuff like this. There were no tears over here. No comments about "maybe someone will love me this much someday." I just thought it was completely overdone and over-the-top. Does this make me bitter or just a hater?

1 comment:

Brown Sugar said...

Naw. That shit was overblown. U know studies show that Hollywood type romance/love is a good predictor of a relationship that won't last because the expectations are set to high and are impossible to fulfill.