Thursday, August 30, 2007

pissed the fuck off

Courtesy of my roommate, my checking account is now $-250.

When I left town, I told her that I was leaving the rent check with her because I wouldn't be back until after the 1st. And at that point, my rent would be late. I left the damn check on the counter, postdated for September 1st, with the intention of it being cashed no earlier than the 1st.

After having my debit card denied several times, I checked in with my bank to see that my rent check has been processed on August 27th. August 27th for a check dated on September 1st! My meager savings account has been wiped out and as a result I've got checks bouncing all over the damn place and I'm incurring fees on top of that.

You know, pissed ain't even the word. I don't have funds for fuckups like this. I call my banking institution and they tell me there's really no such thing as a postdated check and it's illegal to write checks for an amount that isn't in your account... so there's nothing they can do for me.

I get paid TOMORROW which is why I wrote the damn check for September 1st. I don't get paid again until the end of September. Getting through the month of September was going to be a stretch in the first place and now I am $250 in the hole over this bullshit. This shit really pisses me the fuck off.

I call this bitch to mention what had happened. I have checks bouncing and shit, for a check in which I told her I intended to have cashed after the 1st, hoping that maybe she would offer to do something to help. Nothing.

So pissed off.

1 comment:

Brown Sugar said...

Your banking institution is lying and that roommate of yours needs to be Bitch Slapped.

You need to call the bank back and go up the chain of people involved and if they continue to stonewall u then threaten (and do) to leave 'cause that's bullshit and they know it.

But that roommate...she'd get it. Duval style.