Wednesday, August 8, 2007

developing an exit strategy

I've come to the conclusion that I'm not feeling where I'm at in life right now... If I could figure out what do to with my life, I think I might tell academia to kiss my black ass. It's not that I don't have the ability to do this, I'm just starting to think that I don't want to. If I never have to write another paper in life, I wouldn't be the least bit upset. *shrugs*

I think I'm a natural-born free spirit and this lifestyle just feels confining. I hate Michigan, the actual state itself. I'm not in like with my roommate. I'm competent in my work, but I don't exactly love it. Matter fact, the thought of academics taking over my life again in a few weeks makes me wanna break out into hives. The problem with this lifestyle is that I have no time or space to do any living. It's all about the next paper to write, class to teach, or conference to attend. I'm sick of it.

All I wanna do is figure out an exit strategy to this madness, buy myself a nice house of my own, dabble in creative pursuits, and float around for awhile -- as long as my bills are paid in full every month. How to go about this? I have no fucking idea... Entrepreneurship? Real estate? I'm currently clueless, but I can't live like this any longer, just waiting for things to get better.

No comments: