Thursday, August 16, 2007

if it ain't one thing...

...it's definitely another. I had the pleasure of attending the Keyshia Cole concert extravaganza. It was a great show. We had awesome seats right there in the ninth row. One of her opening acts threw some t-shirts into the crowd and I caught it in mid-air. Dude who hooked me up with the tickets also hooked it up with my very own bottle of Malibu coconut rum before the show.

It was good times... until the concert was over. We were also sitting near speakers. As expected, my hearing was a little off after the show was over. I really didn't think anything of it until I woke up this morning. It's better, but my hearing is still muffled out of my left ear. I wasn't concerned until I went in to work today and my friend urged me to set a doctor's appointment. Well, long story short, there is some definite type of hearing loss going on. Whether its temporary or permanent, I won't know. I have an appointment with an audiologist tomorrow to assess just how bad it is.

I never thought some free concert tickets would turn into this mess. I feel even worse because I took a friend along with me - and she's experiencing the same symptoms, only worse. Not to mention that this was her first concert ever. I'm hoping for some good news tomorrow. Well, as good as can be expected. What would be stellar is if I woke up tomorrow morning with my hearing intact.

1 comment:

orangemoon said...

Didn't feel like making an entire new post. I woke up the next morning being able to hear a little bit better. Went to see the audiologist, did a series of hearing tests, and passed.

The theory is that my eardrum was traumatized -- and slightly swollen. Hence the distorted hearing and twinges of inner ear pain.

This whole thing was truly scary. I will never sit by any sound equipment again. I learned my damn lesson for real.