Thursday, August 9, 2007

destiny?

I signed up for a Creative Writing class. Hopefully this will be enough to keep me in school for the semester. If you have any belief in fate, maybe this is it. 'Twas past midnight and I was chatting with an online buddy. She was one of the ones who had courage to jump ship and follow her heart to a career in the arts, even though her parents pushed her toward academia. We have a whole lot in common. She left and never looked back - and she is happy.

After chatting for awhile, I was convinced to "pimp my degree" for all that it's worth. Not to make a decision to leave at the moment, but to at least try and channel some creative energy into something constructive.

I checked out the online course catalog. There was a Creative Writing class with 4 vacancies and 3 people on the wait list. I added myself to the wait list - and as of this morning, I am in. I've been wanting to explore this side since that high school creative writing class that never fit into my schedule.

And this is the ONLY thing I find myself looking forward to about this upcoming semester at all.

No comments: