Wednesday, October 17, 2007

when things fall apart

I'm on the verge again. I don't think I've felt quite this stressed in a few years and I'm about to say "fuck it" to a couple of situations.

This is the most stressful "short week" that I've ever had. Fall break was Monday and Tuesday. I spent those days sequestered at home, grading papers. Which I am still not done with, by the way. Unless some miracle happens between now and tomorrow, some of my students are about to be sorely disappointed. Doing this work is almost as tedious as taking out all those damn microbraids a few months ago.

I haven't had any time to work on my dissertation prospectus, thanks to all this damned grading I've had to do. As the cherry on top, I forgot to meet with my advisor today. I mean, completely forget. Never mind having that draft that I promised to her last weekend that I haven't even started on.

I'm crazy behind in Creative Writing. Haven't been to a class in two weeks nor turned in my poetry portfolio. Once the stress levels went up, writer's block set in.

I'm leaving for ATL tomorrow. What I should have done is waited until Friday to leave because I'm having to cram a bunch of work in between classes and then hightail my ass to the airport immediately after so I don't miss my flight. I won't even have time to come back home and pack. I have to get it done tonight and take my suitcases to school with me.

I have a whole new stack of papers to grade for my second job. *sigh*

I feel like I haven't had time to breathe lately. I almost want to skip ATL for some sleep, but I can't waste my plane ticket. SMH.

Lawdhamercy. And there's nothing I can do but hope for the best and start over tomorrow.

No comments: