Sunday, October 14, 2007

STFU!

These are words I should have uttered earlier today. For those unfamiliar, this means "shut the fuck up."

A very rude friend of my sister's comes in the house, says hello, looks squarely at me and asks: "What happened to you?"

I look down at myself, puzzled. I look back up at her. "What do you mean?"

"What happened to you?" she repeats. "You used to be way smaller than me."

Moment of clarity. Oh. She's talking about these 40+ pounds I've gained.

I should have said "Shut the fuck up" with a smile plastered on my face. Instead, I answered her question, and then ended with a "damn, that was harsh." She apologizes. Say she didn't mean it like that. I can understand cuz homegirl has a tendency to put her foot square in her mouth on the regular.

Just a little while ago, I swear, I would have went on with my feelings hurt and said nothing. Small victories, I tell ya.

No comments: