Tuesday, October 30, 2007

not been a good week for me

I've been really emotional this week. And it feels like I just lost my best friend.

Yesterday started off crazy... I was proctoring an exam for the class that I teach. So we're sitting here in the huge lecture hall and the professor is running back and forth in between rooms to make sure that everyone is situated. The other TA's are in other classrooms helping proctor.

One of the TA's sends me a text asking how everything was going. My texts make a short chirping sound. I responded back, didn't turn down the volume because I didn't think she would text back. Well, she did. At this point, YT girl in one of the front rows says aloud rudely: "Will you turn off your phone?"

I could feel the blood boiling in my veins. I loudly said to the entire class that I was communicating with the professor and GSIs about the exam. Sorry to interrupt. This chick does not know how close she got to being told off. And before this, I was having a reasonably good day.

I've posted before about how I've been super busy and overwhelmed. Well, I've missed about 4 of my Creative Writing classes. Last week I talked to the instructor about setting up a gameplan because I'm overwhelmed with other responsibilities. We discuss setting our own deadline so that I could stay in the class. Well, I emailed her last night with my schedule, and she writes back saying that because I've missed so many classes I should probably go ahead and drop.

I don't know why, but I'm feeling really upset about this. I really enjoyed this class. I hate being advised to drop. This is being extremely melodramatic, but I feel like I lost a piece of myself. This class was part of what was making me happy and excited and looking forward to the rest of the semester. And now it's no more.

No comments: