Sunday, October 21, 2007

ATL Shawty!

ATL was a blast! I'm always excited to get away from Neverneverland and this weekend was no different. Unofficially, I was going down for the SpelHouse homecoming, but I did a lot more hanging out than homecoming stuff.

I met a friend from an internet messageboard that I frequent. She went with me and my two friends to lunch at Atlantic Station. And we all went out clubbing at the Underground that night. Along with another friend from MI + boyfriend in tow. The energy in the place was infectious. I had on a bright yellow tunic top and jeans. My hair was bouncy and bangin'. What can I say? I was getting my shine on. My dance on. And my drink on. LOL.

I had a semi-realization this weekend. My life is closer to what I've always wanted it to be than it ever has been. I have the flexibility in my schedule that I desire. I've gotten to experience life in a totally different area of the country. I've gotten out of my shell and out of my comfort zone to make a whole new group of friends. We're jetsetting, partying like a rockstar on the weekends, but we're about our business. I still have some stuff to work on, but this life I lead is in a lot of ways infinitely better than if I had spend my life inside of my comfort zone in Florida. I'm glad I found it in myself to take the risk and get on out there.

ATL down. I want to plan a trip to NYC and L.A. and Paris is on the table for the Spring. I'm loving life right now!

No comments: