Wednesday, October 24, 2007

the next 3-5

I think I'm going to have a talk with the family at some point.

I'm not losing sleep over this right now, but it is figuring in as an issue that I may have to deal soon. There is still a chance that I may court with a young man, get married, and pop out a couple of kids before I end up being the oldest mother in preschool.

Well, I'm starting to figure... If not, then what? A plan B, if you will.

I want babies. I'm not necessarily ready to have them at this very moment, but I will in the next 3-5 years. I feel like most of the decisions I've made in regards to my life and career have had to do with sacrifice and providing a life for my unborn children. I never imagined I might be doing this alone, but there is no way that I'm giving up my right to have kids.

I could literally give two hot shits about my career, except that I want to do something with flexible hours, that doesn't bore me to tears or work me to death, with maximal pay/benefits. End statement.

I never thought this might be me, but I may have to start thinking through some alternative means to the "white picket fences" scenario. Damn what anyone else thinks or has to say.

No comments: