Sunday, October 7, 2007

freaky experience

Not that kind of freaky experience. For purely entertainment purposes, I tagged along with a friend to a psychic fair. It was Saturday afternoon. I was bored. I'd never had a reading, so I figured, why not. I got a full reading with a bunch of different types of tarot cards. First, she told me some stuff about me and my life, and then at the end I got to ask specific questions.

I'll leave out all of the mundane stuff. I think she was like 75% accurate. But here's what freaked me out. She was reading my cards and said that she had a message for me from the "other side." And my heart dropped into my stomach. She said she was seeing an older man. Someone who died from something dealing with his heart, lungs, possibly a stroke. That detail rung the first bell for me. She went on to say that he used to have trouble walking around. And that he didn't speak much, possibly because he was unable to.

OK.... my step-grandfather had two strokes and he died when I was 12 or 13. After the first stroke he was paralyzed on one side of his body. And he didn't speak with the same fluency that he used to. He sort of mumbled. And he didn't talk much at all after the first stroke.

She said that she saw a rose, which means love. She said that I was one of his favorite people. And she saw another man, a family member still living, who was close to me and another one of his favorite people. I think this is my daddy, but I'm unclear. He said something about me not being so hard on myself. And something about my relationship with my daddy.

I really wasn't expecting this "message" to come through at all. How freaky is that?

ETA: You know I had to ask about children. Before I had even asked she said that she saw children around me. My specific question was when, but she didn't answer that, lol. She told me that the only reason why I hadn't had kids was because I was busy with my career. She said she saw two children. Two boys. One will be very outdoorsy and love the countryside, the other will be more "citi-fied" (her words, lol). Interesting indeed.

No comments: