Sunday, March 29, 2009

FH = future husband

I updated my FB profile to say: "I had a psychic reading and it looks like I'll be getting married by 32. The next 3.5 years ought to be interesting. I wonder who it's gonna be?"

Later that day, my phone rings. And it's Old New Dude. I missed the call, but he hit me up later on IM with two words: "Probably me." Now I know these are just words, which are contigent on actions, but why did my heart swell when he said it?

After our night of passion in September, I made it crystal clear how I felt about him - How I'm interested in exploring our relationship beyond the platonic, which has been over 10 years now. We've been working pretty well on keeping the lines of communication open in anticipation of "What may be," especially since this is a long-distance situation. He's been a lot more attentive lately. Hitting me up with little "Good morning" texts, calling more frequently, asking about when to coordinate a weekend visit, and the like...

I've made it very clear that I'm playing for keeps. I'm impatient, but I'm trying to take it slow this time... I really want this to work out.

No comments: