Saturday, November 10, 2007

back to my life

I am getting back on an airplane to Neverneverland tomorrow morning. I'm not ready. As much as I like some of the things that are going on professionally in my life there... everything else pretty much sucks. And it makes me hate going back there.

These past couple of days have been emotionally grueling. I just tried to do what I could do to be there for my friend. I read a few scriptures at the funeral services. Ran around doing errands for folks. Made family visits. Ran some stats and wrote a few pages on my dissertation prospectus. And last night was accused of being selfish because it was 7 pm.... and I was dead tired and didn't want to go out to dinner with the fam, which by the way, pissed me off. But hey, that's family, right?

I feel like I just need to sleep for a few days, but tomorrow, it's back to business as usual. Lawdhelpme. I have some thoughts on life, death, what's important, where I wanna be, etc., which I will share as soon as I've gotten some rest and what I want to say has gelled into coherent thoughts.

My God.... I really don't wanna go back. *sigh*

No comments: